ucers on the International team can

lw789

11 Jan 2018 02:19

PRETORIA, South Africa -- Blood on the stairs, walls and furniture, a cocked 9 mm pistol, bloody towels, fallen wall tiles. Like pieces of an unfinished puzzle, the photos of the blood-splattered interior of Oscar Pistorius home gave a fragmented picture Thursday of his girlfriends violent end. One of the first police officers to arrive at the scene testified at the athletes murder trial that he followed a "trail of blood" when he got there. Recounting what he saw in macabre detail, former police colonel G.S. van Rensburg said he traced spots and bigger blood marks downstairs where Reeva Steenkamp lay dead from three gunshot wounds, then followed them across the floor, up the stairs, through a small lounge area and into Pistorius bedroom. Ultimately, he reached the bathroom where the double-amputee Olympian shot his girlfriend in the early hours of Valentines Day last year. There, van Rensburg said he found Pistorius gun, its hammer back and safety off, lying on a mat. Nearby were spent bullet casings, cellphones and a blood-soaked towel, as well as the cricket bat Pistorius says he used to smash open the toilet door to get to the fatally wounded Steenkamp. In the toilet cubicle, a dark pool of blood was on the floor as well as wooden splinters from the broken door. The mat the gun lay on was clean, in glaring contrast to the blood stains all around it, head prosecutor Gerrie Nel noted. The 27-year-old Pistorius faces 25 years to life in prison if convicted of murder, and also faces three firearms charges. He has pleaded not guilty and says he shot the 29-year-old model by mistake, believing she was an intruder hiding in the toilet cubicle. Prosecutors charge he intentionally shot Steenkamp after an argument. Using the photos, the prosecution created a detailed picture of the scene. One showed a gun holster on the side of the bed where Pistorius says Steenkamp was sleeping that night. The size of the bedroom suggested Pistorius would have had to walk close to where he says he thought she was still sleeping to get to the bathroom. Pistorius mostly kept his head down, avoiding the TV monitors where the images were shown. The screen next to Pistorius was switched off before the exhibit began. Van Rensburg confirmed the photos reflected how he found the scene just before 4 a.m., about half an hour after prosecutors say Pistorius shot Steenkamp. The former police officer said he had been on duty for about 24 hours by then, dealing with other cases. The photos showed blood stains splattered on a white wall close to a group of trophies in the Paralympic champions home. Running on carbon-fiber blades, Pistorius medaled repeatedly at the Paralympic games and also competed at the London Olympics, but didnt win a medal. Photos of the bathroom showed broken wall tiles on the floor and a metal panel that had been damaged, apparently after being hit by a hard object. There was an air gun and a baseball bat near the door to Pistorius bedroom. Pictures of the bedroom showed a cabinet with multiple pairs of sunglasses and a blood-smeared box of watches, as well as blood stains on the carpets. Van Rensburg described how, on arriving at Pistorius house, he saw Steenkamps body near the entrance covered in towels and plastic bags that the daughter of the estate manager said she had used, with assistance from Pistorius, to try to stop the bleeding. Pistorius was pacing in the kitchen, van Rensburg said. "I asked him what happened but he didnt answer me," the former police officer said. "He was in tears." "We then followed the trail of blood up the stairs." Barry Church Jersey . The Mariners ace allowed just one hit over eight innings while striking out nine, and Robinson Cano backed him with a two-run homer as Seattle earned a 3-0 victory over the Cleveland Indians on Sunday. Yannick Ngakoue Jersey . It was well worth the wait. Manning and the Denver Broncos waited eight long months, then another 33 minutes to get the season started because of a lightning storm. http://www.shopthejaguarsonline.com/Eli ... rs-Jersey/. -- Raiders wide receiver Jacoby Ford made it through a third straight practice without any setbacks and expects to play in Oaklands regular-season finale against San Diego. Dede Westbrook Jersey .A. Happs hold on a spot in the Blue Jays starting rotation is in question. Patrick Omameh Jersey . "I wasnt waving the pom-poms to be involved with it to start with," Carlyle said after a 5-2 win over Carolina on Sunday night. "Its been a trying time. "Specifically we havent played as well as wed like to hang our hat on.He wasnt able to lead the International team to a victory, but Graham DeLaet leaves his first Presidents Cup having gained a lot of respect and plenty of praise. Thats especially true after winding up his Sunday in dramatic fashion by holing his final shots on 18 in both his matches. Its not as if Canadians werent aware of DeLaets talent; after all, hes been the top Canuck for a few years now. You knew hed become mainstream in his home country when you stopped hearing "De-Lay." Hard-core golf fans elsewhere have also known about his remarkable ball-striking and accuracy off the tee, evident just by looking at his name at the top of so many statistical categories. They also watched as he performed well in the FedEx Cup playoffs, his beard lengthening each week. But its fair to say that this event will be DeLaets coming out party to the rest of the golf world. TV announcers have been singing his praises all week with Golf Channels Brandel Chamblee calling him the best ball-striker in the world right now. Johnny Miller was positively gushing at his talents and even Jack Nicklaus gave a nod to the Canadian. "I thought he played great," said the Golden Bear. "I talked to him on the first tee today and I said to him, Graham, the way youve played this week, I think this will mean an awful lot to your career." Hes also gained the respect of both captains here this week. "Hes fun to watch," said Fred Couples. "He hits it a long way, he putts well. You know, hes just a very good player." "Hes a hell of a player," said Nick Price. "I think Canada has a lot to look forward to the next 10 or 12 years or so, watching him play, because hed definitely major championship material." The enthusiasm he displayed all week was positively effervescent. On Thursday when his partner Jason Day rolled in a winning putt, DeLaet almost took Days arm off with the high five. When his putt dropped on Sunday moorning in the match against Phil Mickelson and Keegan Bradley he reacted as if hed just scored in overtime to win the Stanley Cup.dddddddddddd He managed to do it again in his singles match against Jordan Spieth, this time holing it from the bunker to win his match 1-up. "I executed them both well, but theres some luck involved as well," he admitted. "I mean, its super exciting to finish like that; to win the match here and then to halve the match this morning, it makes it even better." In addition to all the attention, its clear to see DeLaet gained a bushel full of confidence playing this Presidents Cup. Not that he was short on self-belief, but matching games with the best Americans and being one of the top point producers on the International team can only help when he returns to action on the PGA Tour in a few weeks in Las Vegas. "I definitely believe that deep inside, I feel a little more confidence in myself now," admitted DeLaet. "These are the best players in the world and this American team is just loaded with talent. To be able to come in here and play well against them means a lot." While the individual performance was tremendous, DeLaet admitted to disappointment at not being able to help his team break the long drought in the competition. Despite a record of 3-1-1 for the Canadian, once again, the Internationals were humbled by the Yanks, losing 18.5 to 15.5. "Thats the thing. Were here as a team to try and win this thing as a team and its great to play well, but its going to be tough going into that locker room and seeing all those guys," said DeLaet. "I mean, Im sure well have a couple of drinks tonight and just celebrate the friendships and everything that weve made." Its quite clear that when DeLaet leaves that locker room and the Presidents Cup and Muirfield Village, hell do so as a different player. Things wont be the same any more. This is a bona fide star on the rise. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

• Information